The Railroad Park Foundation and Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama are in the final stretch of the Get Healthy on the Railroad program, a FREE, daily exercise program that launched this past July for the public.
Tired of missing out on all of the freebies and the fun?
for more tips on how to live your best life on a budget in Birmingham!
Visit our website at Birmingham On the Cheap now!
With its Get Healthy on the Railroad program, Blue Cross and Blue Shield want to ensure it is making a positive impact on the communities they serve. This is an invaluable initiative for the 82-year-old company to improve the overall health of Birmingham residents.
The fun of this program is the diversity of the offerings. Classes will range from Bootcamp, Hip Hip Cardio, Zumba, Yoga, Family Fun Fridays, and Senior Fit, which will take place weekly on Tuesday mornings at 8:00 a.m. Here’s an overview of what the classes will offer:
BOOTCAMP (MONDAYS AT 6:00 P.M.) – This class is specifically designed for those ready for a fun, heart-pumping, high-energy workout that maximizes your body weight to help tone muscles, build endurance and boost your metabolism.
SENIOR FIT (TUESDAYS AT 8:00 A.M.) – The Senior Fit class is specially designed to be low-impact workouts that focus on meeting the fitness levels of those who participate while meeting four categories for essential health benefits: flexibility, endurance, balance, and strength.
HIP HOP CARDIO (TUESDAYS AT 6:00 P.M.) – Prepare to dance your way to good cardiovascular health, strength & flexibility to the tunes of the hottest playlist you’ve ever heard!
ZUMBA (WEDNESDAYS AT 6:00 P.M.) – Enjoy a Latin-inspired fitness class that combines aerobic movements with basic dance moves to create a fun and energizing way to dance yourself healthy!
YOGA (THURSDAYS AT 6:00 P.M.) – Focus and quiet your mind, while you strengthen and tone your body on its path to a more balanced and flexible body. This class is also structured to accommodate the skill level of all participants.
FAMILY FUN FRIDAY (FRIDAYS AT 6:00 P.M.) – Bring the entire family out for an hour of wellness fun in team activities that may include kickball, soccer, or wiffle ball. This class will incorporate low to high-impact fitness fun to accommodate the age range of participants and promote fitness no matter the level.
This free, fitness carousel at Railroad Park is certain to provide mental health benefits and social interaction for everyone in attendance. Click here for a detailed exercise breakdown and schedule.
GET HEALTHY ON THE RAILROAD…. OR AT HOME!
Unable to join the group live and in-person? No worries! Below are videos Railroad Park has provided as a part of the Get Healthy on the Railroad program for your wellness journey!
- Yoga Class with Lelia
- Hip Hop Cardio Class with Tanneka
- Yoga Class with Sanovia
- Senior Fit Class with Tiffany
- Bootcamp Class with Coach Eric
- Yoga Class with Dan
- Hip Hop Cardio Class with Tanneka 2
- Yoga Class with Lelia 2
- Vinyasa Flow with Leila
- Senior Fit Class with Jasmine
- 15 Minute Yoga Warm Up with Dan
- Bootcamp with Coach Chaos
- Yoga “Breath of Joy” with Sanovia
- Hip Hop Cardio Class with Tanneka 3
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
- All classes are FREE!
- Arrive 15 minutes earlier to register. You will be required to sign in each time you participate in an exercise class.
- Classes begin promptly at the scheduled start time. Please arrive a few minutes early as a courtesy to other participants.
- Plan to implement social distancing precautions while in attendance.
- Classes will be canceled should inclement weather ensue. Cancellations will be posted on the Railroad Park website and Facebook page Monday through Friday by 4:00 p.m.
- Class instructors and classes are subject to change based on availability. Be sure to check Railroad Park’s Calendar of Events, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram sites for timely updates.
Birmingham, AL 35233
Birmingham, AL 35233