National Nutrition Month kicks off with a bang! Join WBRC FOX6’s Jeh Jeh Pruitt and other guest panelists as they lead the FREE Journey to Better Health: AWARE for All wellness event. The health event will take place at The Harbet Center in downtown Birmingham on March 9, 2022, from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Make plans to attend one of the most exclusive healthcare events coming to the city of Birmingham. The Harbert Center will host hundreds of healthcare professionals exhibiting wellness information.
It will also showcase organizations that can get people moving in a better direction towards a focused and healthy lifestyle through the support of various resources that will be readily available.
This event focuses on highlighting the crucial role volunteers play in clinical research, as healthcare leaders rely on results from these trials to help advance new treatments. Learn more about clinical trials and hear personal experiences from individuals who have been involved in testing.
Attendees will also be able to win prizes during the closing raffle.
If you have ever been curious about clinical trials and how they are used, this event is perfect for gaining understanding. Download and view the Birmingham Digital Handbook here to learn more about what a clinical trial is, the process, what healthcare professionals learn from studies, and how to get involved.
The Guest Panel Includes:
- Jeh Jeh Pruitt, Sports Anchor & Reporter, FOX6 News
- Jane Allendorfer, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Department of Neurology, University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Del Smith, Founder & CEO, Acclinate
- Monica Baskin, Ph.D., Professor, Preventative Medicine and Associate Director, Community Outreach and Engagement, University of Alabama at Birmingham- O’Neal Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Brian Corbett, Parkinson’s Disease Clinical Trial Participant
- Kevin Jones, Clinical Country & Site Lead – US, Global
Clinical Operations, Biogen
- Shauntice Allen, Ph.D, Assistant Professor, University of Alabama Birmingham, School of Public Health, Clinical Trial Participant
5:00 PM: The Informational Exhibit Center opens
- Access free health screenings and visit exhibits from research, advocacy, community, and wellness organizations.
- 6:00 PM: Welcome & Opening Remarks
- 6:10-6:30 PM: Clinical Research Overview Presentation
- Presented by Abi Kulshreshtha, Chief of Staff at Southern Research Institute
- Topics include: the basics of the clinical trial process, the safeguards in place, the importance of diversity in trials, and more.
6:30-7:30 PM: Speaker Panel
- Hear from knowledgeable healthcare and research professionals, and from community members who have participated in a clinical trial.
7:30-7:45 PM: Closing Remarks & Raffle
EVENT DATE: Wednesday, March 9, 2022, 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
EVENT LOCATION: The Harbert Center, 2019 4th Ave N, Birmingham, AL 35203
REGISTER: Aware for All Birmingham
Check Out More Great Upcoming Events!
More Upcoming EventsCheck out Birmingham on the Cheap's complete event calendar, or look at a few upcoming events here:
Friday, December 9, 2022
Saturday, December 10, 2022
Sunday, December 11, 2022
Monday, December 12, 2022
Tuesday, December 13, 2022
Wednesday, December 14, 2022
Thursday, December 15, 2022
Friday, December 16, 2022
Saturday, December 17, 2022
Sunday, December 18, 2022