Calling all witches, warlocks, ghosts, and ghouls! The Roebuck Springs/South Roebuck community wants you to join them for its 2nd Annual Witches & Warlocks Ride, which takes flight, albeit via bikes, on Sunday, October 24, 2021!
Don’t miss another cool freebie!
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER
for more tips on how to live your best life on a budget in Birmingham!
Visit our website at Birmingham On the Cheap now!
Coordinated by residents of Roebuck Springs/South Roebuck, the Witches & Warlocks Ride is a fun and spirited bike ride route that runs through the Roebuck Springs/South Roebuck neighborhood.
Aimed at bringing the community together for a safe, Halloween activity, the objective is to raise funds that will support a selected, local non-profit with event proceeds.
Area businesses sponsor candy for the children and the event includes a costume contest, where even your fuzzy best friend can win a best-dressed award! Organizers will be looking for standouts in the following categories:
- Best Dressed Kid
- Best Broom (Bike)
- Best Broom (motorized)
- Best Dressed Witch or Warlock
Upon the heels of its 2020 event launch, the fabulous first ride welcomed 15 riders and raised a total of $150 for the Historical Roebuck Springs Community Fund. This year, participants have voted to donate raised funds for the Alzheimer’s Association: Alabama Chapter to help end Alzheimer’s disease.
Included in this hodge-podge of peddling fun are family-friendly activities that will take place prior to leaving the New Beginnings Church property, such as:
- Pumpkin Painting (while supplies last)
- Egg Toss
- Corn Shuckin’ Race and more!
The cost to ride is just $10, and riders will fly through the neighborhood until 6:30 p.m. There’s still time to get registered to participate so you can enjoy this highly-anticipated event!
Click here to get you and your little guys and ghouls registered, and then go get your best witches and warlocks attire! Be sure to decorate your bikes for the fun!
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO!
- Plan to take necessary COVID-19 precautions as required to keep you and everyone else safe.
- All children under 18 MUST be accompanied by an adult.
- Make sure you have a light on your bike!
- Bring a treat bag to collect FREE candy donations from along the route during the ride.
- Make sure there is some type of reflector material included on your costume for nighttime safety.
- 4:15 p.m. – Check-in & Late Registration
- 5:15 p.m. – Rides Line Up
- 5:30 p.m. – Witches & Warlocks Take Flight!
NOTE: All proceeds from 2021 ticket sales will be donated to the Alzheimer’s Association – Alabama Chapter.
EVENT STARTING LOCATION:
501 Mountain Drive
Birmingham, AL 35206
RIDER REGISTRATION – All Witches & Warlocks Register Here via Eventbrite!
CONTACT – firstname.lastname@example.org