The City of Birmingham and Alabama Power present the 84th Annual Morehouse-Tuskegee Classic on Saturday, October 9, 2021. In this football rivalry, Morehouse College will face-off with Tuskegee University at Legion Field, with kick-off at 7:00 p.m.
Tired of missing out on all of the freebies and the fun?
for more tips on how to live your best life on a budget in Birmingham!
Visit our website at Birmingham On the Cheap now!
The Morehouse-Tuskegee Classic initially began in 1902 as an entertainment event for the African-American civilian community and U.S. Army soldiers from the Columbus-Fort Benning, GA and Phenix City, AL areas. Today, this football rivalry has primarily morphed into a scholarship initiative that provides financial support to young men and women pursuing a college education.
The game between these two Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) will give the alumni, fans, and event sponsors a rewarding, first-class experience as they celebrate the legacy, heritage, and standard pageantry expected of HBCUs, and the football fans are more than ready! This event will feature an energetic game, general and corporate tailgates and a fan zone.
Tickets for the game are available for purchase online here, and will also be available for sale in-person at Legion Field, starting at 12 p.m. CST. Tickets are $30 plus tax. All children ages 2 and under are FREE. Ages 3 and above are all required to have a ticket for entrance.
Tickets will be scanned on your mobile device upon entering the stadium. Any tickets deemed counterfeit will be rejected and denied entry. Be sure to visit the Morehouse-Tuskegee Classic website for specific details.
- Parking gates will open at 4 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 9
- Parking will be $10 on the day of the game.
- If you have any questions, please contact Legion Field at 205-254-2391.
- Tailgating spaces are $20 per day
- Tailgating spaces are 20×40
- Fans are able to purchase multiple spaces
- Tailgaters may begin arriving on Friday, October 8 at 12:00 p.m.
- Tailgating entrance is 8th Avenue Lot M
- Golf carts will not be permitted on the tarmac
The City of Birmingham has recognized that tourism has led to economic growth within the city, and would like to know how your gameday experience went. Please be sure to take time to complete the Event Survey so that your insight may be incorporated into the city’s growth and development of future events for the community.
LOCATION: Legion Field 400 Graymont Ave W. Birmingham, AL 35204
- Parking for Early Tailgaters – 8:00 a.m. (Enter Lot M off of 8th Avenue W.)
- On-site Ticket Sales – 12:00 p.m.
- Parking for All Other Gates – 4:00 p.m.
- Stadium Gates Open – 5:00 p.m.
- Kick-off – 7:00 p.m.
- Game-day Parking – $10
- In-person Sales for Tailgating – $20 per day for RVs and Tents (Enter at Lot M off Eighth Avenue West. Click here for Tailgating Specifications)
- Charter Bus Groups – $25 per Bus (Call Leroy Everson at 205-254-2401. Bus lot is located on 1st Street West, which can be accessed from 8th Avenue West and Graymont.)
- Tickets – $30 plus Tax
- Tailgating & Charter Bus Groups – Leroy Everson at 205-254-2401
- LRY Media Group Management – firstname.lastname@example.org