Alabama Adventure Amusement Park / Alabama Splash Adventure Water Park opened on May 30th with careful guidelines in place to make sure your family stays safe this summer. Keep reading to find out about discounts and safety guidelines announced as Alabama Adventure opens for the 2020 season.
Located at 4599 Splash Adventure Pkwy in Bessemer, Splash Adventure and Alabama Adventure originally opened in 1998. Since then, these parks have provided summertime fun with both amusement park rides and water rides for the whole family.
Popular rides include Rampage, Neptune’s Plunge, Dropzone, Mystical Maze, Splashdown, Centi-Speed, Salamander Bay, and many more.
Prices on one-day admission tickets bought at the gate:
- Adults and Children Over 52 inches- $36 + tax
- Seniors 55 + and Children Under 52 inches- $31 + tax
- Children 2 years and under- FREE
How to get discounts on one-day passes:
- Buy tickets online and get all tickets for the $31 price.
- Bring a Pepsi product can with you to the ticket gate for a $5 discount. One can will get you a discount on up to 6 admission tickets.
- Military discounts for both active military and veterans. Get $5 off ticket prices for up to 6 tickets with military ID and photo ID. PLEASE NOTE–Only 1 discount can be applied per transaction.
Season passes for 2020 are $86 + tax if purchased at the gate. A $10 DISCOUNT IS APPLIED IF PURCHASED ONLINE. Season passes are limited this year due to safety concerns and are expected to run out halfway through June.
With season passes, you get these perks all summer:
- Free Admission on any operating day (including the 10 extra days added to the end of the season!)
- 15% Off of All Food Purchases
- Free Drinks
- Free Lifejacket Use
- Free Parking
- Free Sunscreen
- Free Inner Tube Use
2020 Season safety regulation updates:
In light of the need for safety and to limit exposure for guests, Alabama Adventure/Splash Adventure has implemented the following strategies during the 2020 summer season:
- Limited crowd size- Park capacity and season pass tickets will to limited to 50% total capacity. When capacity is reached, front gate tickets sales will end. Guests are encouraged to visit between Mondays and Fridays when crowd sizes are smaller.
- Daily/Regular disinfecting policies- Frequently used items and common surfaces will be disinfected throughout the day. These include touch screens, picnic tables, benches, lounge chairs, water fountains, inner tubes, life jackets, trash cans, ride restraints and seats, queue railings, sunscreen stations, and hand sanitizer stations. Backpack sprayers containing disinfectants will be used throughout the park. Bathrooms will be disinfected frequently throughout the day. Chlorine and PH levels in the water will be tested hourly as the CDC states that proper disinfection and maintenance of pools is needed to eliminate viral contaminates.
- Employee training- Employees will be required to wear masks for all guest interactions. Employees will be scanned for temperature and monitoring other symptoms daily. Additional weekly training will be provided in order for employees to appropriately promote social distancing and safety awareness among guests.
- Social Distancing guidelines- Guests will be reminded to stay 6 feet apart in lines for rides, admission, and food. Red Xs will mark appropriate distancing. Seating will be placed at 6-foot intervals throughout the park. Rides will use every other row. Ventilation has been improved for all indoor facilities. Plastic barriers will be installed in indoor facilities to decrease exposure. Indoor facilities will be limited to %50 capacity.
- Recommended guest responsibilities include wearing face coverings, sanitizing hands frequently at the free sanitizer stations, making cashless purchases when possible, refraining from touching the face, and limiting group sizes to 8 people or less. The administration asks that you do not visit if sick or vulnerable,
- Installment of touch-free systems throughout the park includes self serve drink and condiment stations, removing of trashcan doors, touch-free faucets and toilet flushers, doors remaining open to minimize contact points.
More savings with Birmingham on the Cheap!
Stay safe, Birmingham!