CHECK OUT NEW EVENTS ADDED AS OF OCTOBER 22, 2021!!
The pumpkins are out of the patch and a batch of my fluffy pumpkin and cream cheese muffins, and a bowl of warm, spicy pumpkin and butternut squash soup, is calling my name!
Don’t miss another cool freebie!
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER
for more tips on how to live your best life on a budget in Birmingham!
Visit our website at Birmingham On the Cheap now!
A slight chill fills the air, and rain burns green leaves bronze. Yep! Autumn is definitely here.
During this time of year, nothing rivals taking the family out for a hayride to pick a fresh pumpkin from the pumpkin patch or jamming the night away at a Halloween trunk-or-treat, or fall festival after stocking up on your favorite homemade treats and golden goods to support local vendors.
Birmingham certainly has a way for you to explore the fun! Make plans accordingly using our awesome guide to get your family ready for some spicy fun this fall.
GRACE HOUSE MINISTRIES PRESENTS ITS 8TH ANNUAL PUMPKIN FESTIVAL
OCTOBER 23, 2021
Join the Junior Board of Grace House Ministries as they host its signature fundraiser, the 8th Annual Pumpkin Festival, at Homewood Central Park on Saturday, October 23, 2021, from 10:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m.
Tickets are $10 per child (and include a FREE pumpkin for kiddos 12 and under), and adults get in FREE to access all event activities! Enjoy an autumn day full of family-friendly fun that includes a 24-foot rock climbing wall, innumerable carnival-style games, candy giveaways, food from the Milo’s Burger Bus, and other local vendors.
Homewood Central Park
1632 Oxmoor Road
Homewood, AL 35209
10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Purchase Tickets Online Here via Eventbrite
HELENA HOLLOW’S ENTERTAINMENT FARM – HELENA, AL
OCTOBER 3 – OCTOBER 31, 2021
Known as “Alabama’s Premier Entertainment Farm,” Helena Hollow is located about 20 miles south of Birmingham, and boasts what organizers refer to as “agri-entertainment” attractions!
The entire family will have a plethora of non-stop fun that is included in one admission price (excludes Mechanical Bull, Horse Rides, and Trampoline Bungee)!
Patrons will get $2.00 off when they purchase their tickets online in advance. Enjoy over 30 attractions, including a hayride, the floor is lava, slides, and swings at a stunning outdoor venue. Helena Hollow is also available to host your budding star’s next birthday party at the Party Barn or the Battleground!
Helena Hollow Entertainment Farm
6027 Highway 17
Helena, AL 35080
Saturdays & Sundays: 10:00 am to 6:00 pm
- Advanced Online Tickets: $12.95 plus $1.00 processing fee
- Tickets Purchased at the Gate: $15
- Group Tickets: $11.95 plus $1.00 processing fee each for groups of 20 or more
- Children ages 2 and younger are FREE!
THE GREAT PUMPKIN PATCH – HAYDEN, AL
SEPTEMBER 26 – NOVEMBER 7, 2021
If you are a parent of youngsters, you may already be quite familiar with the adventures at The Great Pumpkin Patch, located just 30 miles North of Birmingham. If not, you will definitely be in for a wonderful treat!
Complete with an inflatable park, pony rides, a petting zoo, a hay pyramid, extreme bungee, live entertainment, arts and crafts, a hayride to the pumpkin patch, amazing food, The Great Pumpkin Patch Train, and a phenomenal country store, you and your family will have a full day of memorable fun.
- Call in advance to check on the schedule for all activities and the Halloween Contest.
- Click here to review operating hours and pricing in advance of your arrival.
- It can be muddy, so wear boots to keep the kids’ tootsies comfortable and warm.
- Definitely check the weather and have a small jacket handy.
- Bring a wagon for the little ones and/or for toting your pumpkin and any gifts or decorations you may purchase from the country store back to your car.
- Keep your hair bows away from sweet Calvin in the petting zoo!
The Great Pumpkin Patch, LLC
288 Hwy 45
Hayden, AL 35079
- Monday – Thursday: 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Friday & Saturday: 8:00 am to 6:00 pm
- Sunday: 1:00 pm to 6:00 pm
- Admission is mainly FREE, however, you pay for specific activities, which start at $5 and up.
- Children: Starting at $12 and up
- Adults: Starting at $5 and up
CONTACT & BOOKING FORM:
- 205-616-6431 (Day or Night)
- 205-647-2183 or 205-903-7818
- Click here to submit a booking request
HISTORIC OLD BAKER FARM – HARPERSVILLE, AL
SEPTEMBER 25 – OCTOBER 31, 2021
Known for withstanding the hazards of the Civil War, Old Baker Farm was homesteaded over 200 years ago. Located in Shelby County less than 30 minutes south of Birmingham, the farm remains a traditional family farm, growing a variety of crops ranging from corn, cotton, and of course, pumpkins.
Old Baker Farm provides seasonal events and activities for the public, including its Christmas Tree Farm, which produces a number of tree varieties, such as the Leyland Cypress and Virginia Pine.
Admission to the Pumpkin Patch is $1.00 off the $11.00 admission if you pay in cash, and includes a pumpkin, corn maze, train ride, the “hay” ground, petting zoo, and hayride. For details on these events and more, check out the Old Baker Farm Upcoming Events page here.
Old Baker Farm
184 Furrow Lane
Harpersville, AL 35078
- Monday – Friday: 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm
- Saturdays: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Sundays: 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm
- Admission: $11
- Sunflowers: $1 each
- Cotton Bolls: 4 for $1 (I was personally curious and thought “boll” was misspelled! See a cool video below about what a “cotton boll” really looks like!)
CONTACT & VENDOR FORM:
- VENDORS NEEDED: 2021 Festival Weekend Oct. 23-24 – Vendors, click here!
OCTOBER 24, 2021
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO!
- Plan to take necessary COVID-19 precautions as required to keep you and everyone else safe.
- All children under 18 MUST be accompanied by an adult.
- Make sure you have a light on your bike!
- Bring a treat bag to collect FREE candy donations from along the route during the ride.
- Make sure there is some type of reflector material included on your costume for nighttime safety.
- 4:15 p.m. – Check-in & Late Registration
- 5:15 p.m. – Rides Line Up
- 5:30 p.m. – Witches & Warlocks Take Flight!
NOTE: All proceeds from 2021 ticket sales will be donated to the Alzheimer’s Association – Alabama Chapter.
EVENT STARTING LOCATION:
501 Mountain Drive
Birmingham, AL 35206
RIDER REGISTRATION – All Witches & Warlocks Register Here via Eventbrite!
CONTACT – email@example.com
SOUTHERN GHOST GIRLS HALLOWEEN MURDER MYSTERY – BIRMINGHAM, AL
OCTOBER 29, 2021
Founder and investigator, Lesley Ann Hyde, and her investigative team are launching their 2nd annual fun, family-friendly, interactive Halloween-themed Murder Mystery Dinner, with an optional Ghost Hunt and Paranormal Investigation of the historic Arlington Mansion to follow using only the best state-of-the-art paranormal investigation equipment.
Style yourself in your favorite Halloween costume, Masquerade Mask, and accessories, and join Lesley Ann and her team at Arlington Antebellum Home for an exclusive, thrill-seeking ghost hunt!
Birmingham’s Arlington Antebellum Home and Gardens
331 Cotton Ave SW
Birmingham, AL 35211
Sat, October 30, 2021
6:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
- General Admission: $65.00+$3.77 (Eventbrite Fee; Click here to purchase)
- Includes Dinner, Participation in the Interactive Halloween Murder Mystery Dinner, Ghost Hunt In the Historic 1800’s Antebellum Home & Interactive Paranormal Investigation
NOTE: The event is currently sold out, but you may click here to choose another event location, or Join Waitlist to get updates on Birmingham event! If you have already purchased tickets, keep in mind there is a no-refund policy in effect. Organizers state their events are family-friendly however, this specific event is rated PG-13, and not recommended for children under 13. Click here for more specific details regarding the Murder Mystery Dinner.
*Be sure to check back, as we will be updating this list as new events are discovered!