A long-awaited plan is in place to reopen the Birmingham Botanical Gardens to the public on Monday, June 15th. Keep reading to learn about changes being implemented for public safety.
For the first fifteen days, June 15 through June 30, the Gardens will make a minor adjustment to their hours. Typical operating hours are from sunrise to sunset, but the Gardens will now be open from 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM. The Birmingham Park and Recreation Board will reassess this change on July 1.
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER for more tips on how to live your best life in Birmingham on a budget!
Public Health Safety Changes:
Heightened daily cleaning of restroom
Daily counts of guests on the premises
Access to the Gardens is limited to the front gate only
Face masks are required in the Garden Center and in all areas inside the Garden Center including the Library at the Gardens, Leaf & Petal at the Gardens Gift Shop, and The Gardens Café by Kathy G (except when dining in).
Face masks are required throughout the Gardens only during interactions with other guests/employees.
Limited capacity (50%) inside the Garden Center.
Curbside pick-up for materials from Library at Birmingham Botanical Gardens is now available. Visit here to schedule a pick-up time.
The Gardens Cafe by Kathy G will reopen on Tuesday, June 16, and Wednesday, June 17 for take-out orders only during its regular hours from 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM. Dine-in options will resume on Thursday, June 18 with heightened cleaning guidelines, tables moved to appropriate social distancing measures, staff required to wear masks and gloves, hand sanitizer stations, and disposable paper menus. Face masks are required when entering or exiting the cafe.
For more information:
- Garden Center contacts: Alicia Andrews at email@example.com 205.414.3908 /Luci Bryant at firstname.lastname@example.org 205.414.3909
- Leaf and Petal at the Gardens gift shop- 205.877.3030
- The Gardens Cafe by Kathy Gemail@example.com. 205.871.1000
- The Alabama Cooperative Extension System 205.879.6964– open by appointment only. Soil sample test kits available in the front lobby. Samples may also be dropped off there.
- Friends of Birmingham Botanical Gardens offices-205.414.3950- Call to make an appointment.
Other posts you may be interested in:
Stay safe, Birmingham!